Contact Elder Tommy Webber

Contact Elder Tommy Webber

thomas.webber@myldsmail.net

Washington Tacoma Mission
4007 Bridgeport Way West, Suite D
Tacoma, WA 98466-4330

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Manette: WA-TAC Sunshine and Early Blooming

Dear Family,

This week was surprisingly sunny and that makes a Californian happy. All the Washington natives talk about how rare this is to be having sun and so little rain this year. We also hear about how terrible the weather is on the east coast. Because of the early sun and warmth, the beautiful cherry blossom trees (I think that's what they are) are already showing all over, which leads to the first story.
We met a guy named Dave our first or second week here, while knocking. He is in his 40's and married and works at a Dairy Queen. He previously worked at a Jack-in-the-Box for several years. He likes it. At first he seemed a little hesitant to meet with us, but we kept coming back and began teaching him about the Book of Mormon on his doorstep. We could never come in because he lives with a roommate he didn't want to bother plus a loud yappy dog and it wasn't clean, so we just talked on his porch. Not ideal, but it worked. Finally we were able to set up a church tour with him on his day off. Church tours were the goal for last week, so we really focused on it.

Cherry tree as a sign from God
Friday afternoon came and we met him at the church with a member there. When we showed him around the chapel and lobby and classrooms, and then talked about the Restoration by the First Vision painting, we asked about his reading and praying about the Book of Mormon. He said he did start praying that morning, and when he left his apartment he saw one of those early-bloomed cherry blossom trees, which are his favorite. He felt good. When he came to the church, he saw the same tree, the only one not bare, in front of the building! He believes it was a little sign from God he is on the right path! We showed him the baptism font room and invited him to set a goal to be baptized March 28th and he accepted! He still needs to ask for Sundays off for his work but he wants to be here. Church tours are awesome.

Tina is still working closer. We taught her the third lesson this week, the Gospel, and she said she got chills when we taught about baptism. She is excited about her birthday baptism. Sadly, she had a family member pass away Saturday, so she wasn't at church, but we got to talk with her about it.
We haven't been able to see Russel, or Carolyn, but we have a lot more potentials and part member families, I just don't have time to tell about all of them. I usually just share the stories and updates that stand out to me. Also Jeremy is still doing well, he had a rough day at work this week, but keeps coming to church and has a lot of faith.

Unseasonably warm in WA

Last, I have really enjoyed my personal studies this week. I figured out how I can study the Book of Mormon this time. I have picked just one topic to study. A big topic- Jesus Christ. I go through each entry in the Index under His name, His titles, other topics that go with it (like Jesus Christ, Atonement through). It was inspired by President Boyd K. Packer's talk from last conference, "The Reason for our Hope." I've learned something helpful. I often look at my name tag, like when I put in on in the morning, and think about taking upon me the name of Jesus Christ. I would think about His perfection and glory and my goal to be like Him. I realized this week another meaning. His name is the means that we can use to get there, the grace that enables us to overcome our continued mistakes and weaknesses. He is the Standard and the Means. He is everything. I love my Savior Jesus Christ. I love being a missionary to help others come unto Him.

View of Mt. Olympus at sunset

I hope you all have a great week! HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!!!!!!!!

Love Elder Webber
Scripture: D&C 6:36-37

No comments:

Post a Comment