Contact Elder Tommy Webber

Contact Elder Tommy Webber

thomas.webber@myldsmail.net

Washington Tacoma Mission
4007 Bridgeport Way West, Suite D
Tacoma, WA 98466-4330

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Soundview: Heat, Rain, and Another Musical Fireside

Dear Family,

I got to take and send a lot of pictures this week, so I hope you enjoy them! Not a lot of time for e-mail though, sorry about that. We had a super hot day this week, one sign read 89 degrees, but it was the only day like that. Otherwise, it was typically gray and rainy. 

Very Hot
Same day, cooled down

Found a large bush while knocking on doors

We had a Bremerton fireside last night (I was there, even though I wasn't in the group picture. We had to leave right after so the office elders could start getting numbers in). But it was another great fireside. I'm grateful for the power and sacred spirit of music and for the extra time we get with President and Sister Weaver. I love them so much, and they are so so good to us missionaries. They have so much love for us, and we can tell they are starting to really struggle as they prepare to leave. They have changed my life.

View of Mt. Rainer

At the fireside I was surprised to see a former investigator, Chris. He is the 17 (now 18) year old who we found and started teaching when I was serving in Bremerton. He's not yet been baptized, but he goes to church, and even seminary and still meets with the missionaries. Who knew one year later, these people would still be progressing? Another tender mercy. Perhaps the biggest miracle was that he was there and that he recognized me, even though I only taught him for a short time. I remember one lesson where we simply taught him to believe in God. He has come so far.

In the Soundview ward, there were two baptisms on Saturday, from the sisters. A 10 year old and a 14 year old who are the children of a recent convert couple the sisters baptized two months ago. Now their whole family is in the church and they are so happy. They have another baptism this weekend, and the following weekend (May 17th) we are planning on Avery's baptism! She and all 5 of her kids came to church again last Sunday. We taught Avery on Wednesday and she had all these great questions from church and from the gospel principles book we gave her. She is worried she doesn't know enough yet, but she really wants to learn. The only struggle she has is just managing 5 young children on her own, but the ward continues to love and support her. I love Soundview!

Preparation day in the park

Grilling on the apartment's back deck, viewing the Sound

It seems an eternity ago, but this week was also transfer meeting! Like I said last time, Elder Anderson and I did not change, but we still got to go to the meeting and feel the strong spirit that was there. The departing missionaries always have powerful testimonies to bear that help me stay focused and gain perspective and gratitude. 

Last, this week in my study and efforts, I gained a sure testimony of the power of repentance and the miracle of forgiveness. My family and friends, the Lord is so willing to forgive us the moment we come to Him with humble hearts, seeking help, and willing to do His will. We can feel His love and know things will be ok. Then we just have to keep it up ha ha.

Found the exact Clarinet (R13 Greenline) he played left in the Primary Room

I cannot wait to talk to you this Sunday. Happy Mother's day mom! You are the best and I love you so much. You continue to be a strong example to me of righteousness and love and service, I can't thank you enough for what you have done and still do. I love you!

Elder Webber

Scriptures: D&C 61:2
Acts 26:18 (why do we do missionary work?)
Alma 26:30 (same principle)

No comments:

Post a Comment