Contact Elder Tommy Webber

Contact Elder Tommy Webber

thomas.webber@myldsmail.net

Washington Tacoma Mission
4007 Bridgeport Way West, Suite D
Tacoma, WA 98466-4330

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Final Week in Steilacoom! Transfer, pics, Zone Leader assignment

Dear Family,

I don't have much time today and way too much to say.

I got my transfer call to go to the Soundview Ward in University Place, which is right next to Tacoma. Very close to Steilacoom, and very similar in the kind of area, the ward, being on the Puget Sound, having sisters in the ward. My new companion is Elder Anderson, who is a great missionary with lots of experience. I'm grateful I'll get to serve with him! But of course sad to leave Steilacoom.

Quick updates: Chris came to church after a great lesson Saturday with our Bishop there, he is getting his life back and loves everything he's seen in the church. We had a great lesson with Rebecca Wednesday and taught the Plan of Salvation, she is really feeling the truth. On Saturday I bore my testimony to her about the gospel and about families and told her about the night I was set apart and admitted I cried. I feel she is very close.

Sorry this week is so short

Love Elder Webber!

Saying goodbye to a convert family who had missionaries over a lot

Saying good bye to the Bishop, an investigator and newest convert

Saying goodbye to his District
Elder Webber and Elder Schaffner's last day after 13 weeks


What Tacoma-ites call a "beach"

Mt. Rainier view from Steilacoom
Preparation-Day, this time bowling with the whole zone of missionaries
Elder Webber's transfer to Soundview ward, Tacoma stake -maybe 2 miles?



Note: Since Tommy didn't share much, here is a copy of his letter to his mom


Dear Mom,

Some big news with transfers: President Weaver called me Saturday afternoon and extended the call to be a Zone Leader in the Tacoma West Zone (The Soundview ward). It's been a crazy weekend, thinking about that and about my mission so far and in Steilacoom, which, of course I am leaving after 4 1/2 months here. My new companion is Elder Anderson. I'm sure you'll recognize him. He has been on his mission a long time, and has been a Zone Leader for a long time. He trained Elder Green in Lacey! And he was the trainer for Elder Johnsen (who is the AP right now!!) He's a seasoned missionary and I'm nervous and excited to learn from him. Also, the new AP with Elder Johnsen is Elder Steed (who was trained by Elder Lonas in  Bremerton) and also the other new ZL is Elder Bowen, who Elder Lonas also trained. I sent  an e-mail to Elder Lonas telling him all this and I'm sure it will make him happy. I learned so much from him. Elder Schaffner is very sad to have me go, he's told me a few times. I am too, we've become good friends. We've grown a lot.

My new address is 2707 Soundview Dr. University Place, WA 98466. I've heard it's kind of an extension of a home of some members there. Also living there are the two APs and the two Office Elders, so 6 missionaries in one house. It's called by the missionaries here "the Mansion" ha, ha.

Soundview is a great ward, I've heard, a lot like Steilacoom. There are also two sisters serving there. I'm very very excited!!!

SO great to hear that (cousin) Mitchell got his mission call (to Argentina)!!! I am so happy for him and their whole family. That's fun you got to see them this weekend.

The white shirt you sent is perfect size, it fits around the neck and everything. I'm glad you got a good deal on them too :) I'll need just a few (2-3 more) long sleeve, because soon I'll be back to short sleeve, and those shirts are still good.

And yes, the St. Patrick's Day package came!!!! That was awesome! Elder Schaffner and I are both wearing green clover ties and we ate Lucky Charms this morning with Irish Shortbread and talked to each other in an Irish accent. We have a lot of fun together. And he loves the Digestives. I've missed those so much!!!

I do not have that missionary book by Christensen, but I've heard a lot of good things about it.

I have a few pictures to send with Elder Schaffner.

I love you so much, thank you for your continuous prayers and support without which I couldn't be doing this.

Love Elder Webber

No comments:

Post a Comment