Contact Elder Tommy Webber

Contact Elder Tommy Webber

thomas.webber@myldsmail.net

Washington Tacoma Mission
4007 Bridgeport Way West, Suite D
Tacoma, WA 98466-4330

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

A Steilacoom Thanksgiving

Oh My Wonderful Family,

Seeing pictures of you guys made me so happy!! You are all so good-looking, ha ha. I'm glad to see all the fun things in your life. I don't have much time, but I'll tell you the highlights from this week.

Thanksgiving was very fun, we visited one investigator for a short while who was alone, then had dinner with a member in our ward. It included all the delicious traditional Thanksgiving delicacies and filled me up. We visited our ward mission leader's giant Hawaiian family who fed us even more! Then we had the privilege to go to the mission home for the night. Only the Tacoma and Lakewood Zones went, since we are closest. It is nice to be back closer to the mission home! We played some games, all said what we were thankful for, and sang Christmas songs and "Amazing Grace" of course. I LOVE the Weavers! They make this mission a family. I am thankful for them. I also got to talk with Elder Green again. Very fun.

Elder Webber meets up with former companion Elder Green at Thanksgiving at Mission Home

We had two exchanges this week, one in Lakewood, the more populated and much lower class part of the city. Lots more poverty, but not nearly as much as Mexico, where you guys got to go this week. We have SO much. It was fun serving with the Zone Leaders, there are some amazing missionaries that I can learn from.

Elder Webber and current companion Elder Hansen at Zone Conference

I have been thinking a lot about my mission recently and how far I've come and where I can still go. We haven't been teaching as many lessons here in Steilacoom and I have a bad tendency to blame myself. I continually think, study, and pray about how I can do better. Yesterday at fast and testimony meeting (yes I did get to bear my testimony), and with the sacrament I thought about it and had a great feeling of happiness and peace. It had been two weeks since I had the sacrament (because of stake conference) and I could actually feel it! The sacrament to me is a spiritual reboot. Like food to the body, the sacrament is to the soul. I felt that things would be okay if I keep trying.

Missionaries at the Mission Home

Scripture this week is a lot. 3 Nephi 17 is just an amazing chapter. There is so much pure love and joy! Also, 3 Nephi 19:9 we can be grateful for the gift of the Holy Ghost, which (3 Nephi 19:21, 28) purifies us.

View of Mt. Rainier


Love,
Elder Webber

No comments:

Post a Comment