Contact Elder Tommy Webber

Contact Elder Tommy Webber

thomas.webber@myldsmail.net

Washington Tacoma Mission
4007 Bridgeport Way West, Suite D
Tacoma, WA 98466-4330

Monday, December 23, 2013

Steilacoom Christmas is Here with Elder Schaffner

Wonderful Family,

Well it has been a crazy week and I am excited to tell you about it and then get to see your beautiful faces on Wednesday!!! It's been over 7 months and that is long enough! I am so excited!

Fisrt off thanks to Hermana Mehner, the Osterhouts, the Chamberlins, and of course Grandma for the letters/ Christmas cards/ package!!! You are wonderful.

Wow where do I start! Not much time, but it began with transfer meeting, one of the most powerful since my first here. There was a lot of mixed emotion seeing Elder Lonas, my trainer, go home, and be sitting next to my first "trainee" or "greenie" whatever you want to call him. He gave a powerful testimony that amounted to him telling us that it is impossible for him to describe in words the feeling of his heart, and for us to develop this kind of feeling and love for our mission, we have to do it ourselves. Like the gospel, we can't have others feel or know or believe what we do until they do it themselves.
 
Transfer meeting, Christmas greeting (note Tommy's Moroni themed socks)
Elder Webber's new companion Elder Schaffner
I was very worried about being a trainer, it is a lot of responsibility and I wanted his first week to go well. It did! We had a church tour with George on Tuesday night and another one with Chris on Wednesday night! I told him before Chris's tour that if all went well we would invite him to be baptized. It did and Elder Schaffner committed him to be baptized. Unfortunately he didn't make it to church yesterday, so it will be later than Jan 4th (the original date) but that's ok. Haopeng and Tiffany are finally back in town and came to church yesterday! Those three are progressing wonderfully! Sorry it's short. I guess I can tell you the rest on Wednesday. MERRY CHRISTMAS I LOVE YOU!!

Elder Webber catches up with previous companion Elder Green
Lots of scriptures this week (Christmas themed!):

SEE YOU WEDNESDAY! 

Elder Webber

No comments:

Post a Comment