Contact Elder Tommy Webber

Contact Elder Tommy Webber

thomas.webber@myldsmail.net

Washington Tacoma Mission
4007 Bridgeport Way West, Suite D
Tacoma, WA 98466-4330

Monday, August 19, 2013

Week 6 in Raymond. We were not transfered

My Family,

Good news: I'm staying in Raymond! And so is Elder Green!! We are so so so happy. This next month should be the best yet (they keep getting better). Ah, I just love Raymond, there is such a great ward (congregation) here and Elder Green and I get along so well, we are so very similar. Not to mention there are so many prepared people we are teaching. Our first month together we did a lot of finding. Now, we get to do a lot of teaching and baptizing!

The Missionaries serving in the Elma Zone
So in this letter, I will get into some gospel doctrine stuff, which of course being a missionary I love talk about. I also want to include here some of the funny, Washington-esque, or interesting stories and facts! This week we got our first real rain of my mission, it wasn't too hard or too long, but I needed my coat. Also, there are thousands and thousands of ripe blackberries all along the roads, they are just the right tracting treat as we walk along. They also remind me a lot of living in Oregon. We see deer everywhere we go, some are even domesticated. They just walk around in peoples' yards. A member fed us sausage with pork, bear, and elk meat. That was a first. All of which he hunted himself. It was actually really good. And of course, it's not western Washington without unlimited trees or dogs. I wasn't a fan of dogs before I left, and my mission hasn't made that any better! I got bit this week, pretty gnarly. But it's not that bad :)


The work this week was hard. Almost every lesson we scheduled fell through, and we had low attendance at church. Not sure why because we were working hard, but some weeks are just like that I think. We had to leave the apartment with no set plans and rely on the Lord more. That's a good thing. No matter what, how hard or tiresome or slow it seems, you keep being obedient, and hold fast in diligence. The blessings may just come "next week." On a happier note, Kris will be ordained and receive the priesthood next Sunday, and the next Saturday his daughter will be baptized! Also, Terry blessed the sacrament yesterday in church and did an awesome job!! We were so happy and proud.

WA Sunset at South Bend

One more experience I had this week. On Friday morning, before personal study at 8:00 am, Elder Green was talking about Joseph Smith and how great he is. I was prompted to do my personal study on the topic of the prophet Joseph Smith for my morning study. I began, as usual with a prayer, and asked my Heavenly Father that he would let me know if Joseph Smith was truly a prophet. This knowledge I already have. But like praying about the Book of Mormon, I believe that we should continue to ask for additional confirmation that it is true. Always refresh and reawaken your spiritual testimony. It is a like fire, it needs more wood! I studied everything I could find about Joseph Smith, especially from scriptures. I pondered it in my head, thought about it, and humbly asked again, in faith. Again the thought came to mind, "Joseph Smith was a Prophet of God." I kept asking and kept thinking, and that thought became more and more clear. I also paid attention to how I felt. After I had finished my personal study, I realized how peaceful and calm I felt. This is how revelation works, sometimes it takes longer.  I know that Joseph Smith was a Prophet!!

Elder Webber Walking the Streets at Sunset

Scriptures for the week are John 14:26 (importance of gift of Holy Ghost) and 2 Nephi 31:19-20  (endure to the end!!)

Love,
Elder Webber

P.S. Thank you so much for the cookies!!! And thank you grandma for your goodies package, those are so fun.
P.P.S. Dad could you send in the next letter a printed copy of my list of "Inspirational Quotes" on my word docs? It has a big list of my favorite quotes from General Authorities.

No comments:

Post a Comment