Contact Elder Tommy Webber

Contact Elder Tommy Webber

thomas.webber@myldsmail.net

Washington Tacoma Mission
4007 Bridgeport Way West, Suite D
Tacoma, WA 98466-4330

Monday, June 10, 2013

Week 2 in Bremerton! (First Pics)


Hi there family!

I can't believe I've only been here two weeks. It feels like it has been a very long time since I came to Bremerton, and I do so much and learn so much that time just works differently. I have been very busy with the work. Like I said before, Bremerton has many many people who are ready for the gospel and ready to make changes in their life that bring them closer to Christ. What a privilege to be the instrument in God's hands to help that change happen. We had our Zone Conference this week and I learned that the Bremerton Zone was the highest baptizing in the mission for the month of May! I hope we can keep it up for June, we have a few baptisms scheduled for this Saturday.

I forgot to mention before how beautiful it is here. There are green evergreen trees everywhere and the weather has been in the low 70s all week. The only rain I got so far was my first day after transfer meeting. It's been warm and sunny since! I love seeing the water, too. Our church building is accross the Manette bridge so a few times a week we cross it and see the beautiful water and green scenery!

Zone conference was really great. Spiritual boosting when I needed it. President and Sister Weaver are really great people, and very friendly. We learned about planning and teaching the restoration and we got ready for our "mission tour" next week, where we will be blessed to have Elder Piper from the First Quorum of the Seventy come tour our mission and teach us! It will be a wonderful spiritual experience. I can't wait to tell you about it in two weeks. At the end of Zone conference we sang "Amazing Grace" again. I love that song and I love this mission.

Tommy at Zone Conference - the Northern Area (Bremerton Zone)

These two weeks have been a lot of hard work. In the first place, there are many people to remember, investigators and members, and learning my way around and where everyone lives. On top of that there is the whole lifestyle to get used to. I am learning how to live as a missionary whereas before I had read about how to be one. It's a big change, but I am working hard and praying hard that The Lord will help me to do it right and make me the missionary He sees that I can be.

Tommy's Companions at their apartment

On top of that, however, I'm having so much fun! My companions are fantastic and we have a lot of fun knocking doors and studying together. I've found that if I'm ever feeling down or discouraged, the best remedy is work. Whenever I'm out knocking on doors, street contacting, or teaching lessons, I'm happy. I love all of you so much and pray for you daily.

Famous MTC picture spot - "The Map"

Love,
Elder Webber

I want to do weekly scriptures too! This week is D&C 100

To answer some questions :) I've haven't used my bike yet, my area has a car. But I do have my bike and all parts we ordered, it's good to go.
Members feed us dinner about 3-4 times a week, but they're starting to do it more often now! We have dinner every day this week but Saturday, and we can easily eat at our apartment.
Our ward was split a few moths ago (it's the Bremerton ward) so it's a little small, but we have a good bishop, ward mission leader, and ward missionaries. There has been a lot of improvement with member missionary work in the last few months that I'll do my best to strengthen.

My apartment address is:

1604 Naval Ave.
Apt. #302
Bremerton, WA
98312

I'll be there for at least another month, probably for the next 10 weeks.


Love you all!!!

Weekly Mission Scripture:
"Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life."

Here are some pictures from my brief time at the MTC:

Day One

With Companion at Temple

With whole district at Temple

Preparing, studying

Reading Scriptures

District at the Map




No comments:

Post a Comment