Contact Elder Tommy Webber

Contact Elder Tommy Webber

thomas.webber@myldsmail.net

Washington Tacoma Mission
4007 Bridgeport Way West, Suite D
Tacoma, WA 98466-4330

Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Lacey: Espinoza's Baptism!

Dear Family,

A lot happened this week, and a lot is on my mind now. I'll tell you all about the baptism first though :)
Espinoza family at baptism service
We had our last lessons with the kids and the interview this week, then the baptism on Saturday. Everything went smooth! It was a very spiritual baptism, and Sister Espinoza was smiling the whole time. I had the privilege to baptize Jose (reminded me of my first baptism, Xavior, in Bremerton) and Elder Bradshaw got to baptize Alaysah. It was the first time on my mission that two individuals from the same family were baptized the same day. I felt the spirit so strong during the opening hymn (Children's hymn "Baptism") and in the font, and during the closing prayer, as I thought about the Savior, baptism, this family, and my mission.

Elder Bradshaw and Elder Webber with Alaysah and Jose
The kids were so excited. All 3 were there, plus their dad and their older sister, who was baptized at 8. The ward helped and had a great showing. Jose said that he knows that he should be baptized in this church. On Sunday, Elder Bradshaw and I got to also confirm the same two. Jose came up to me after with his new clip on tie and said "Thank you" and gave me a big hug. I love that family so much and I have seen first hand the gospel change their life. The best image is after church when Sister Espinoza came around the corner with a huge grin on her face and her first tithing envelope in hand, looking for the Bishop, ha, ha. Her older daughter also came to church and had a great time! It has been like 10 years. We even got her records and she wants to keep coming! We are still working with Savannah, but we all think she will come around soon.

We also had another man at church named Keith. I haven't told you much about him but we had a good church tour with him on Saturday and he got a ride to church. He suffers from some physical health challenges, but it has been a great experience helping him out as we can. We also have a church tour with Daniel tomorrow!
Elder Webber knocking on doors near Lake St. Claire
The work keeps moving forward in Lacey. Yesterday afternoon, our Bishop took us to visit a less active member whose husband past away that Sunday morning. Bishop is a very Christlike individual and I learned a lot from the visit of what Christlike priesthood service is all about.

Now, I want to talk about something. I know that the Lord has a plan in everything. I am so amazed at the path my life has taken on my mission and the people I have met and loved and the lessons I have learned through study, suffering, and experience. There is no doubt in my mind that God lives and that He is watching over each of his children with Perfect Parental care. He has been with me in every season, even when I didn't feel like He was there. He has brought me up on my highest joys and carried me through my darkest nights. I understand the purpose of trials in His plan for our eternal growth. I am so happy I chose to come on a mission and that I chose to endure. I just have to make the very best of the time I have left and give my whole heart and soul to the people of the Washington Tacoma mission. I love this place.

The new 2015 Toyota
Sending my love,
Elder Webber

Scriptures:
Mosiah 18:30 (how beautiful is the WaTac to those who here come to the knowledge of our Redeemer).

No comments:

Post a Comment